https://voiceout-hub.com (‘the Site’) is owned and operated by Stratos Consulting Group Sdn Bhd (‘Voice Out!’ , ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ as applicable).
Our Privacy Pledge
When you participate as a panel member, your privacy is assured.
- We will not make any personal information of our panel members available to anyone without your knowledge (as described in this policy), except in the rare instances required by law. This includes your name, address, phone number, and email address.
- We will never try to sell you anything – that is not our business. We will never sell your name to anyone else who might want to sell you anything.
- Occasionally, we may contact you to invite you for our offline surveys and for us to validate responses. We will never misrepresent ourselves or what we are doing.
- Your individual responses to surveys will also be kept confidential and will never be linked to your personal identifying information.
- Your decisions about participating in a study, responding to specific questions, or discontinuing participation will be respected without question.
1. Information Collected on this Website
The Site provides survey respondents with the opportunity to express opinions and attitudes about the most current issues. We conduct research that involves people from around the world, and we aggregate and anonymize such research (stripped of any personally identifiable information) before sending research results to our clients. In addition, certain survey findings might be published on our websites (in anonymous form) so that our respondents can be among the first to hear about the concerns and interests of people around the world.
When you register as an interactive panel member, we collect the following personal identifying information: your name, postal service address, email address, and phone number.
Voice Out! uses your name and email address to let you know about opportunities to take surveys, provide you with new updates, inform you for your rewards/ donation status, as well as to respond to your panellist support issues. We will also send survey invitations and brief emails to our panel members several times a year to provide information of interest and to express our appreciation for their participation.
Voice Out! uses postal service addresses as a qualifier for certain surveys as well as to mail gift vouchers to members who have completed surveys.
Voice Out! uses phone numbers to call to invite our panelists for telephone and offline surveys, answer a question or address any concerns. On rare occasions, we call and WhatsApp panelists to validate survey responses. If a member has agreed to participate in an offline interview (including telephone interview), we use the phone number volunteered by the member for the call and WhatsApp.
2. Information Collected in Surveys
Voice Out! frequently asks panel members for demographic information (such as age, gender, ethnicity, income, household composition), computer and web access capabilities, shopping behaviour and property preferences.
Voice Out! uses this information to select surveys that are appropriate for the panel member.
Voice Out! asks panel members for their opinions about their shopping behaviour, buying behaviour, variety of products and services by asking them to complete surveys via email, phone calls, WhatsApp and face-to-face interviews.
Usually, Voice Out! combines the individual panelist responses and reports on the aggregated (or group) results. Individual level responses are occasionally used, but never associated with any personal identifying information.
Voice Out! may occasionally ask for other personal identifying information as part of a specific survey. In these cases, we will provide an explanation in the email invitation to allow members to make an informed decision about participation. The explanation will include a description of any new identifying information that will be collected via the survey and with whom it will be shared. As with any survey, members can decline to take the survey or stop at any time during the survey process. Like all other information we collect, any additional information collected for a specific survey will be used for research purposes only.
Voice Out! also automatically collects information via log files, cookies and other technology on our website to administer the site and to aid in technical problem solving. Log file information collected are IP address, time a page was viewed, name of page viewed within the Voice Out! site during the specific visit, browser type, URL parameters, and cookies that were set by the Voice Out! website at the time of the visit. Log files may also include information indicating where a visitor came from. This information is used only to administer the site and to identify and resolve any technical problems related to the site’s operation. Log file information is never linked to personal identifying information.
Some of the cookies that we may use on our platform are required to identify and validate a panellist and they protect access to a panellist’s profile and account information. The privacy settings of a panellist’s browser must be configured to allow cookies from email@example.com or a panellist will not be able to register on the panel or access the Voice Out! Portal. Panellists can adjust their browser’s privacy settings to delete cookies upon exiting web sites or when they close their browser.
Some of Voice Out!’s partner sites may use Flash Local Shared Objects (LSO), also known as “Flash cookies,” to store panellist preferences, to display content based upon what a panellist views, personalise their visit, or to otherwise track their behaviour and activities across multiple visits to the site. In these circumstances, Flash cookies are used strictly for research purposes only.
Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser or anti-spyware applications will not remove Flash cookies, nor will the ‘Private Browsing’ modes prevent their placement on a computer.
A panellist can manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies or disable their use entirely by visiting Macromedia’s website, the manufacturer of Flash Player, at the following link: Adobe – Flash Player: Settings Manager
By registering on the Site, you agree to receive e-mails from us, such as other survey invitations and reminders, responses to inquiries that you submitted on the Site, and inquiries regarding your status as a Voice Out! member. If we send you a survey invitation or reminder by email, we will always provide the opportunity to opt-out of receiving future emails by following the “unsubscribe” instructions at the bottom of the email.
3. How We Use the Information You Provide
If you have registered on the Site or signed up at any events held by Voice Out! and filling out a signup form, we will use the information you provide us primarily to contact you about surveys in which we would like you to participate, or to provide you with the results of the surveys. We may also use your personal information to:
- send you cash, gift card, voucher, e-voucher, via email for signing up or for referring others who sign up;
- notify you about our charity events that you have participated or wish to participate in;
- notify you about new features on our websites, other products, events, activities or services in which we think you may be interested;
- update our internal database of individuals willing to take part in research and surveys;
- determine which individuals registered with Voice Out! should be invited to participate in our surveys;
- provide you with information about incentives for responding to our survey requests;
- process your answers to surveys and summarize the results;
- conduct research surveys on behalf of third parties;
- transfer your survey responses to service suppliers who process survey results on our behalf and under our direction;
- provide a unique, non-personally identifiable ID (not associated with you) to our research partners so they may conduct surveys on our behalf and report the findings to us;
- to provide you with information relating to rewards provided by any third parties, including but not limited to a reward provided in response to your participation in surveys;
- contact you by email or other contact modes to invite you to take part in surveys; and / or
- invite you to enter sweepstakes or participate in other incentive programs as a reward for participating in our surveys;
- comply with applicable laws and regulations; and respond to your inquiries about Voice Out! or its website.
4. Email Communications from Voice Out!
Voice Out! does not send unsolicited commercial emails. Nevertheless, Voice Out! voluntarily complies with the key privacy and disclosure provisions of the U.S. CAN-SPAM Act, including:
- providing truthful sender information;
- including a physical address for Voice Out! or the Voice Out! affiliate sending the email message; and
providing a clear and simple opt-out method which is honoured within fourteen (14) business days after the opt-out request is made.
5. Privacy Protection for Children
Voice Out! is committed to protecting the online privacy of children and encourages parents and/or guardians to spend time online with their children to participate and monitor their internet activities. Voice Out! will never process personal data of children without parental consent and Voice Out! complies with applicable Laws and Codes pertaining to the protection of Children’s privacy, including without limitation the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (for US panellists), the European Union Data Directive (95/46/EC) (for panellists within the EU) where applicable and all relevant international and country specific laws.
For online research conducted globally, Voice Out! complies with all applicable international and country specific laws regarding obtaining consent from parents/guardians for a child’s participation in such research. Parents or guardians are encouraged to contact Voice Out! to discuss the personal information collected from their child or children.
6. Survey Results
Voice Out! conducts surveys on behalf of its clients. Voice Out! clients include Malaysia-based businesses, as well as research organizations based in other jurisdictions who wish to survey people in Malaysia or elsewhere worldwide. Surveys may be programmed or hosted by third parties, who may collect the survey data (although not your personally identifiable information).
Clients list the general demographic information (such as age range, shopping and buying behaviours) of individuals from whom they wish to ask survey questions. Based on the client’s needs, Voice Out! contacts individuals who have registered on the site and invites them to participate in either an online or offline survey. Answers to the surveys are associated with unique, but non-personally identifiable ID numbers in Voice Out! databases.
7. Sharing Your Personal Information
Voice Out! will not make any personal information of our panel members available to anyone without your knowledge (as described in this policy), except in the rare instances required by law. This includes your name, address, phone number, and email address. If Voice Out! acquires or spins off all or part of its business, or in the event of a bankruptcy proceeding, it might convey its business assets, including survey participant data. If a change of ownership occurs, a notice will be posted here, so please check this policy regularly.
When we pay you for your participation in a survey, we provide your name, account number, NRIC, address and contact number to third parties such as financial institutions, so that they are able to process the payment to you. They will use this information only for this specific purpose.
8. Our Details
If you have any queries relating to this Statement, please feel free to contact us by letter at the following:
Telephone: +603-78034779 / 4773
Postal Mail: Stratos Consulting Group Sdn Bhd, A-3A-2, Zenith Corporate Park Kelana Jaya, Jalan SS7/26, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.